Friday 6 December 2013

Platform Expos Super Late Blog Update (With Pictures)

As is my usual style of making a blog on a notable event I have left it really late again. Still though, I took a few pictures and I guess I should validate even taking them by posting here.

As for the event itself though I really loved it. I hadn't heard about it until a month before it actually happened so I was positively surprised. I wouldn't say it held the exclusives Eurogamer has or reached the levels of creativity Gamecity in Nottingham had to offer but it was a nice gaming expos/festival nonetheless. It had a large focus on indie developers and had a nice inclusion of work from current and past University of Hull students which was nice to see.



The talk sessions were also invaluable. I learned a lot about what direction I want to take in university and was convinced pretty easily to make my own personal studio (don't expect anything soon but after my exams in January I might be doing more than making programs). It was also very inspiring to hear about the stories of the University of Hull students and graduates and their current successes and progress. I hope to be one of those people in two or three years time giving advice to the new generations.

I would recommend Platform Expos to anyone who is interested in anything related to art, film or video games. I always have floorspace handy for anyone would like to visit next year. The drinks here are cheap!

At the first opportunity I had I volunteered and had a lot of fun being part of setting up the whole thing in the city hall. I've been to plenty of conventions and whatnot but never seen them be assembled and found it quite the experience. I managed to meet some amazing people including the wonderful people at Team GB overclocking (which reminds me, I owe one of them a drink (or two)) who I really hope make it to 2014 Platform Expo.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here's some terrible pictures.

I got this cool idea to take a picture in the same place over the course of the beginning and end.








Triple AMD 290x... Possibly the most powerful set up a gamer could want right now.















I really need to work my picture taking skills (I avoid calling it photography) because I barely got anything of it. The Expo had so much to show and I had so little time that I didn't have enough to time take pictures usually.

I was sad to see it end. I had so much fun but missed out on most of it because I had important university stuff to do on the Friday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment